Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Weekend Recap

Crazy weekend. Friday night was a quiet one as I knew I was running the next morning. Hung out with my friend Russell and we got burgers (mine was actually tofu) and watched some shows. No Biggie. The burger was delicious and from a place called Kraze Burgers. I guess there's a few of them in the hip part of town.

Next morning was the 10k race I signed on for (charity for MS). I found out about it from the "Daejeon Peeps" message board on facebook. A foreigner was organizing it and over 100 people RSVPd, the vast majority of them foreigners. I thought it would be a nice opportunity to meet some new people. Plus I hadn't gone running since I've been here. The race turned out to be a disaster. First the organizer told everyone that the start and registration was at Rainbrow Bridge and it turned out to be kind of far from the bridge so people got lost and many gave up looking. The race was supposed to  start at 10am and didn't start until 10:45 because we had to wait for people to find the damn place. There turned out to be only about 30 of us running. I was doing really well on the run and passed like 6 people about 8k in but missed the turn around point because IT WASN'T MARKED. Some Korean woman on a bike caught up with me and was gesturing that I missed the turn around. I went about one k too far and when I turned around I was so upset that my run and my time was ruined I started bawling. Then I was wishing I could just call my mommy, realized I couldn't because I'm in Korea and started crying all over again. I basically had a mini-breakdown. After 15 minutes of that I started running again because I had to finish after all. Of course the people I passed had finished and I was the second to last person to finish. Ugh, it was so humiliating. I honestly wish I had not gone.

Went home, took a nap, showered, all that jazz. I told a girl I work with I'd go out with her to another foreigner bar called Sponge. I got dolled up and the bar was chill. Met some dudes from NYC that were cool. Taylor (my co-worker) told everyone it was my birthday so I was bought drinks all night. This dude Jarvis kept buying me shots of whiskey- bad idea. One of the barmen came over with a cake and everyone sang and they also made me a special delicious drink. It was super nice of Taylor to organize all that. Anyway, things get really hazy after that. apparently we went to Yellow Taxi and I danced my ass off until an Irish girl I had met at the run noticed I was worse for wear and she and her boyfriend took me to their place nearby and let me sleep on their floor. So nice of them. Us foreigners take care of each other. Good to know!

Today was spent nursing my hangover. I also walked around a little but my feet feel really sore from the run and the dancing in heels. Taylor asked me if I wanted to go to dinner with her and some of her friends and I said sure. We went to a BBQ place and the food was delicious. Everyone there was speaking in Korean but hey, free delicious meal. Some photos:

This was my first weekend. Nori bong at 2am with 20 people. Super fun. 

Ross and Nicole, the teachers I replaced. Delicious BBQ. 

Taylor, my Birthday cake and fancy drink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment