Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Seoul Searchin


Went to Seoul over the weekend. As soon a I stepped off the train it was SO COLD. I thought the weather would be the same as in Daejeon which is cold but not unbearably cold. For example, I wear my fingerless gloves some days and other days I don't even bother. When I was in Seoul I had on my fingerless gloves and when I went into a store to buy something I was hopelessly trying to get into my wallet which is rather difficult when your fingers are numb and it hurts to use them. Also I didn't bring a hat to Seoul because I wouldn't think it would be necessary and I ended up wearing a Santa hat the whole time that somebody gave me. The Santa thing turned out to be a bust. My friend and I were pretty much like, "f this" and went into a bar since the Santas had a hard time organizing and wanted to stay in the freeze while they decided where to go next (an hour in that cold was enough for me). I had a good time just chillin though. Stayed out till about 3 and went back to our hostel which, of course, was not properly heated. So that kind of sucked. Let's move on to the part that was actually fun!

So we got up and my friend who has spent a lot of time in Seoul took me to Insa-dong so I could buy some Christmas gifts for my family. It was lovely and I bought a couple of things- I think Andy will really like his present. It's no song from Wing (what he got me for my birthday- totally awesome) but it's nice. Here's me in Insa-dong high-fiving a robot on the street:

Next we went to Namsan which is Seoul's resident mountain. There's a park at the base and then we took a cable car up to the base of the N-Seoul Tower at the summit.
Here's me at the park:

 Beautiful views of one of the biggest cities in the world are found at the top of the tower.

Lastly we went to Itaewon, where all the foreigners hang out. We got dinner at a Mexican restaurant that actually tasted like Mexican food, which I found to be a pleasant surprise.

Now I am off to class to mold some young minds. And by that I mean we're going to play Uno. And maybe some Go Fish if they're good.

No comments:

Post a Comment