Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 27, 2010

No Time!

So many experiences and so little time to write! I have no internet and no computer at the moment and I am going out to dinner with 27 people in half an hour so I have to keep this in tidbit form.

Got here on Thursday. Took a bus from Seoul to Daejeon which took three hours and got picked up by the school director and head teacher. They brought me straight to the school and since I insisted on a shower I had to use the one in the massage parlor upstairs, very nice. We got to have Shabu Shabu for lunch, delicious. Then I had to sit and observe classes till 6pm. Looooong day.

My apartment is very small but I like it. First time living alone and I think I might enjoy it. It's freakin freezing here but the heating at my pad rocks.

Friday spent the day observing classes and generally learning how the school works with lesson planning and all that jazz from 9:30am till 7:30pm. Exhausting. I teach my first class Monday at 6:00pm. So excited!!! Ross introduced me to one of the classes that will be mine and the girls went crazy happy and one said  "you are beautiful!!!" Guess I know which class is my favorite!

Went to Home Plus which is the Korean WalMart. They have silk worms in a can among other crazy shit. Then Nicole, Ross and I headed to a bar across the street from where I live and I got to meet three more fellow teachers from other schools. We started tired but once the drinking began it was all about the Nori Bong- where you get a private room and sing karaoke. Waaaaaay more fun than it sounds, people.

Last night the kindergarden co-teachers took Me, Ross and Nicole to Outback Steakhouse. They paid and here it is very expensive and nice so it was quite generous of them. Then off to Yellow Taxi where there were so many foreigners it doesn't even feel like Korea. Went to Nori Bong with 20 people and had a blast till calling it a night at 4(which here is an early night, as bars stay open all night and you are expected to stay out till sunrise).

It's my fourth day but it feels like it's been two week I've met so many people and I'm having so much fun. My school is great and I think this is going to be a wonderful year! I am very happy to be in Korea- it was the right choice.

Now off to a big dinner party. Wooooooo

No comments:

Post a Comment